KEY MANAGEMENT CENTRE (KMC)
WHAT IS THE KEY MANAGEMENT CENTRE?
The KMC allocates, generates, and safely stores all vending keys for the STS based systems around the world using a Key Management System and Key Management Infrastructure designed and developed for the STSA . It is owned by the STS Association.
Please refer to the following documents for further information:
STS700-1 Conditions of use of Supply Group Codes
STS406-4 Code of Practice for the Management of a Key management System and Associated Data
STS401-1 Code of Practice for the Allocation of Supply Group Codes
The full process involving the KMC for establishing a STS compliant vending system is as follows:
- SGC user registers at the KMC if not already registered with the KMC
- Once registered, SGC user applies for a SGC number for an area
- KMC allocates a SGC to the SGC user
- SGC user applies for a vending key for the SGC, or the SGC user applies for a default key
- KMC generates a vending key for the SGC
- SGC user gives key use authorization or use of the vending key for a particular security module ID (Key Authorization Form)
- SGC user applies for the keyload file for a security module ID
- KMC generates the keyload file and sends it to the requestor
- SGC user or third party loads the keyload file into the security module with the same ID
What services are offered?
The services offered by the KMC may be found here.
The diagram below shows the Key agreement scheme used in the Key Management Centre